In response to the latest public health measures, Hospice Quinte will be making the following service adjustments to ensure that the individuals we support, our volunteers, and our staff are at minimal risk. Between January 14, 2021 and February 28, 2021:
- The Hospice Quinte officed will be closed to the public. Hospice Quinte staff can still be reached by email or telephone.
- All in-person group activities such as support groups, volunteer training, or public education activities will be suspended and clients, volunteers, and attendees will be notified.
- Supportive Bereavement Counselling, Bereavement Companionship, and Caregiver Companionship services will continue to be delivered by telephone.
- In-person visits through the Visiting Hospice service will be suspended, and volunteer visits will be conducted by telephone only.
- Client intake and assessments will be conducted by telephone only.
Individuals are also invited to visit the Helpful Links section of the Hospice Quinte website to access a variety of free hospice palliative care, caregiver, and bereavement resources.
Hospice Quinte will continue to monitor the situation. The organization will use information available from Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health, Hospice Palliative Care Ontario, the Ministry of Health, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and the World Health Organization to guide decisions.