Hospice Quinte is seeking an individual to serve as a Board Member and help Hospice Quinte achieve its vision of integrating hospice palliative care in our communities. Our priority in board recruitment is to ensure we engage the best of our community’s diverse talents.
We invite you to consider joining us if you:
- Believe in the value of hospice palliative care
- Want to spend quality time on strategic thinking and decision making activities
- Share the vision of Hospice Quinte to integrate hospice palliative care in our communities
- Have a few hours to spend on Hospice Quinte matters each month
- Live in Quinte West, Belleville, Tyendinaga Township, Deseronto, or the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
- Have previous governance experience and/or expertise in legal affairs, fund development, non-profits, and/or clinical/medical experience in hospice palliative care
A board member may serve up to nine years. The board meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 5:30pm in Belleville. There are three standing committees of the board that meet on Monday afternoons and evenings.
The expectations of board members are simple. Hospice Quinte board members must:
- Hold a Hospice Quinte membership ($20 investment)
- Adhere to Hospice Quinte’s Code of Conduct for Board Members
- Attend Hospice Quinte board and committee meetings as well as the Annual General Meeting in June
- Actively participate in board and committee work
- Represent Hospice Quinte occasionally at external events
- Publicly support the work of the sector in the community