How to Apply
Please email a cover letter (required) outlining relevant experience and skills along with a resume to Hospice Quinte’s Executive Director, Jennifer May-Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is 4:00 pm on July 31, 2020. Interviews will take place between August 6-13, 2020. Anticipated start date will be in August 2020.
Hospice Quinte, through a grant provided by the United Way of Hastings and Prince Edward, is seeking a Bereavement Support Specialist for a 31-week contract of 30 hours per week. Should more funding become available there is the possibility of more hours per week or an extension of the contract.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bereavement Support Specialist is responsible for building a successful, comprehensive bereavement support program for Hospice Quinte. The role is tasked with implementing a program that will include assessments and providing supportive counselling by telephone or video conference, individually or in groups to bereaved individuals in the Hospice Quinte service region. This role supports clients through the process of dealing with the death of loved ones. Duties will include collaborating with other Hospice Quinte staff, planning treatment, facilitating support sessions and client record-keeping. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once. Some evening and weekend work may be required. This position will work remotely once orientation has been completed at the Hospice Quinte office in Belleville.
- 30 hour work week for 31 weeks to be completed by March 31, 2021
- Scheduling can be flexible, with a maximum of 60 hours per two-week pay period
- Two weeks of vacation
- $32.50 per hour; $100 monthly stipend for cell phone and internet
- Mileage reimbursement requires prior approval from Executive Director
- Laptop and InfoKey provided by Hospice Quinte and to be returned at end of contract
- Work remotely after orientation at Hospice Quinte office in Belleville
- Educational background and experience suitable for providing supportive counselling, case management, and assisting in improvement of coping strategies
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Bereavement Counselor, or similar
- Professional experience in program coordination, client relations, client intake process, and data collection and management
About Hospice Quinte
Hospice Quinte changes the lives of the terminally ill, their families, caregivers, and the bereaved for the better by offering them support and companionship through visiting hospice services and support groups. All Hospice Quinte programs and services are provided by compassionate and well-trained volunteers and staff at no charge to the individual or family. Hospice Quinte serves a population of over 102,000 in Quinte West, Belleville, Deseronto, Tyendinaga Township and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory. The organization is currently working toward building a 6-bed hospice care centre that is planned to open in late 2021 in Bayside between Trenton and Belleville on Old Highway 2. The current Hospice Quinte office is located in the Bay View Mall in Belleville.
Contract length: 31 weeks
Part-time hours: 30 per week