How to Apply
Please email a cover letter (required) outlining relevant experience and skills along with a resume to Hospice Quinte’s Executive Director, Jennifer May-Anderson at email@example.com. The deadline to apply is 4:00 pm on March 26, 2020.
Hospice Quinte is hiring a Donor Relations Manager. The target start date for this position is May 2020. Salary range for the position is $63, 500 – $70, 000 with health and dental benefits and an RRSP match program after three months of employment. Regular hours are 40 hours per week with the flexibility to work some weekends and evenings, for which time off in lieu will be given with the approval of the Executive Director. Vacation entitlement is 3 weeks.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Donor Relations Manager is responsible for building a successful, comprehensive fund development program for Hospice Quinte. The role is tasked with building relationships with individuals, donors, businesses, foundations, and other sources for the purposes of enhancing and growing revenue as well as current and prospective donors. As necessary, the Donor Relations Manager will recruit and supervise volunteers to help with fund development efforts. Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Create an annual comprehensive fund development plan consistent with the vision, mission and strategic plan of Hospice Quinte, and in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Grow individual giving, major gifts, annual giving, cause-marketing, and grant funding to achieve or exceed the fundraising goals and budgetary needs of Hospice Quinte
- Develop a planned-giving program
- Direct participation of key volunteers, including appropriate board members, in fund development activities
- Seek out grant opportunities, prepare and submit applications, and provide accurate follow-up reporting to the funder or foundation
- Contribute to, and participate in, communications and marketing activities
- Oversee and assist with fundraising events
- Direct capital campaigns as necessary
- Graduate from a recognized university or college with a degree/diploma preferably in a related field or equivalent education and experience
- At least five years of proven experience and knowledge of:
- Annual giving program implementation (including new donor development, renewals, stewardship)
- Major gift programs (including prospect research cultivation, personal solicitation, acknowledgment, and recognition)
- Recruitment, training, and motivation of leadership volunteers
- Fundraising software and information management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to achieving and exceeding results
- Track record of successful grant writing
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written, including public speaking
- People-focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible self-manager and team builder
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities with a sense of urgency to achieve goals
- High computer literacy, comfortable using both Microsoft Office software as well as familiarity with database management and customer relationship management tools
- Ability to convey a high degree of commitment and passion for the mission of Hospice Quinte
- Possess a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
About Hospice Quinte
Hospice Quinte changes the lives of the terminally ill, their families, caregivers, and the bereaved for the better by offering them support and companionship through visiting hospice services and support groups. All Hospice Quinte programs and services are provided by compassionate and well-trained volunteers and staff at no charge to the individual or family. Hospice Quinte serves a population of over 102,000 in Quinte West, Belleville, Deseronto, Tyendinaga Township and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory. The organization is currently working toward building a 6-bed hospice care centre that is planned to open in late 2021 in Bayside between Trenton and Belleville on Old Highway 2. The current Hospice Quinte office is located in the Bay View Mall in Belleville.