How to Apply
Please apply through Community Employment Services:
Hospice Quinte is hiring a Hospice Residence Manager. The target start date for this position is July 2021. Salary range for the position is $28-$34 per hour for a 40 hour week with health and dental benefits and an RRSP match program after three months of employment. Vacation entitlement is 3 weeks.
The Hospice Residence Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for ensuring the provision of excellent care and support to residents of the Hospice Quinte Care Centre and their families and caregivers. The Hospice Residence manager leads the clinical team, comprised of RPNs and PSWs, and is tasked with looking after the day-to-day clinical operations of the Hospice Quinte Care Centre. This position is accountable for coordinating a high quality clinical care service that complies with relevant government legislations, policies and standards, and reflects the Hospice Quinte’s patient centered approach, vision and strategic direction. The Hospice Residence Manager will promote and deliver excellent patient care with effective management and leadership of high performing teams to develop a culture of safety, excellence and participatory care as evidenced by meeting or exceeding operational and quality metrics. The Hospice Residence Manager will also work collaboratively with community service providers involved in hospice palliative care to ensure smooth transitions in care and contributions to interdisciplinary practice.
Education and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in nursing with demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
• Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses Ontario
• Completed palliative education; for example, CNA certification in Hospice Palliative Care, CAPCE, Fundamentals of Palliative Care or equivalent educational courses in another jurisdiction
• 3-5 years of management experience in a relevant health care setting
• 3-5 years of experience working in a hospice palliative care setting
• Proven success leading, mentoring, and empowering health care teams
• Demonstrated success managing staff resources: hiring, orienting, supervising, scheduling and evaluating
• Sound understanding of management, personnel policies and procedures, and risk management
• Knowledge and applied experience with managing a resident care program
• Experience developing policies and procedures that integrate evidence based practices
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, databases and effective internet research)
• Ability to integrate evaluation and quality improvement into practice
• Experience working with clients and families who face life threatening illness and death
• Knowledge of community health and social service resources
• Knowledge of current issues, policies, and practices related to hospice palliative care, bereavement support, and end of life issues such as advanced care planning
• The ability to work flexible hours to accommodate meetings and special events
• Valid driver’s license and use of reliable vehicle
• Provide Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Responsibilities and Duties
Clinical, Client, and Family Care
• Create and support a culture of shared leadership and mentoring that promotes client-centered approaches to decision-making and provision of evidenced based and quality hospice palliative care services
• In collaboration with appropriate staff and partners and using predetermined validated tools and criteria, decide who will be offered admission
• Maintain the admissions wait list and referral information and if necessary assist in discharge planning for clients whose health improves after admission to Hospice
• Implement and monitor and act on medication reconciliation, administration and control and safekeeping of medications (including narcotics) and medication errors
• Implement and monitor best practice in clinical care such as palliative pain and symptom management, falls prevention, wound management
• Manage any complaints that cannot be resolved by frontline staff
• Be available for clinical consultation
• Take a leadership role in clinical communication, including the facilitation of bedside rounds
Health and Safety
• Ensure that direct reports are aware of and adhere to all current and relevant legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety, Accessibility Act, and any others relevant to Hospice Quinte’s operations
• In partnership with management team, oversee and maintain health and safety policies and procedures
• In partnership with the management team, demonstrate the importance of health and safety in the workplace through daily monitoring of the environment and with respect to workplace injuries and return to work plans as set out by Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
• Participate in health and safety training and apply this knowledge in the workplace
• Implement and maintain provincial infection control standards including laundry and housekeeping.
• Lead infection and prevention control standards such as additional precautions and outbreak management
Human Resources Management
• Participate in the review and development of Hospice Quinte human resources, employee, and personnel (including volunteer) policies
• Ensure consistent implementation and adherence to approved policies by paid, unpaid, and volunteer personnel
• Monitor the training and professional development of direct reports
• Support effective internal communication strategies
• Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all hospice residence staff
• Provide oversight to staff in volunteer recruitment, deployment, and release
• Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resources practices are in place
• Foster a positive organizational culture and maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality personnel (paid, unpaid, and volunteer)
• Ensure staffing decisions match funding models and associated budgets including the approval of overtime, sick time coverage and vacation
• Create the Residence budget in partnership with the Corporate Services Manager and Executive Director
• Oversee budget for, and purchasing of supplies and equipment; and suggest or negotiate changes as necessary
• Participate in the tendering, selection and on-going relationships with contracted services in the hospice residence (such as pharmacy, oxygen, equipment).
• With Corporate Services Manager and Executive Director, monthly monitor the budget to ensure cost effective management of care delivered.
• Oversee, develop and maintain resident care program and policies, procedures, and protocols; provide nursing input into the development of other policies, procedures and protocols.
• Maintain and utilize an awareness of public policy and evidence-based practice related to hospice palliative care.
• Complete required program/department reports
• Ensure completeness of client files and records
• Participate and contribute to encourage and support activities which promote effective team functioning throughout Hospice Quinte
• Participate in assigned Hospice Quinte activities, events, and committees
• Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with staff, volunteers, clients, and members of the community
• Attend meetings, conferences, and training as required
• Maintain professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
• Accept other duties as required
About Hospice Quinte
Hospice Quinte changes the lives of the terminally ill, their families, caregivers, and the bereaved for the better by offering them support and companionship through visiting hospice services and support groups. All Hospice Quinte programs and services are provided by compassionate and well-trained volunteers and staff at no charge to the individual or family. Hospice Quinte serves a population of over 102,000 in Quinte West, Belleville, Deseronto, Tyendinaga Township and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory. The organization is currently working toward building a 6-bed hospice care centre that is planned to open in late 2021 in Bayside between Trenton and Belleville on Old Highway 2. The current Hospice Quinte office is located in the Bay View Mall in Belleville.